Christian Heritage London Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice explains what to expect when Christian Heritage London (registered charity in England, charity number 1160736) collects and uses your personal information.
We encourage you to read this notice carefully and if you’d like to learn more about our data protection and privacy policies or get further clarification, please contact our friendly team and we will be happy to assist.
Data Protection Officer,
Christian Heritage London,
ELT Baptist Church,
London, E3 4TU
Phone: (+44) 7740 193 415 or
Christian Heritage London is committed to respecting your privacy and ensuring the personal information you have entrusted to us is held securely. We hold and process your information in accordance with Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
The following policy explains how and why we collect and process your personal information, what controls you have over the use of it and how we keep it secure.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in the following ways:
Directly from you when you:
- Make a donation;
- Register to take part in our events (including simulations and fundraising)
- Make a request for resources to share about Christian Heritage London;
- Contact us with an enquiry;
- Complete a survey;
- Register to host an Christian Heritage London event;
- Apply to volunteer for our team.
From other sources:
- When you register to sponsor an Christian Heritage London fundraising individual through platforms such as Give.Net or other portals;
- Information made available publicly by the Charity Commission, Companies House or information that has been published in newspapers and articles.
- The personal information we collect
- Personal identifiers such as your title, name and year of birth;
- Contact details including postal address, post code, email and telephone number;
- Financial information such as your bank details (donors only);
- Whether you are a UK taxpayer (donors only);
- The event location where you registered to attend;
- Records of your contact with us.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
- For the administration of events
- To process the monthly sponsorship payment and any other donations.
- To reclaim tax on Gift Aid donations, if applicable.
- To verify that you are over 18 and if not, obtain permission from your parent/guardian to process your information or accept any regular donations.
- To enable us to take greater care when engaging with our older supporters.
- When you visit our website, we may gather information about which pages you visit to help us provide you with the best service.
- To determine and improve the effectiveness of our website and marketing campaigns.
- To deliver interactive empathy simulation events.
- To organise and coordinate Christian Heritage London Fundraising Challenge Events and Initiatives.
- To keep you informed about our work.
- To manage and coordinate our volunteers.
- For compliance with employment law and other statutory requirements.
We share news about how your support is changing lives. This includes sending you information about our work, news, appeals, campaigns, events and information on volunteering.
Email and text marketing:
We will ask for your permission to contact you by email or text for marketing purposes.
Christian Heritage London is committed to respecting your choice to receive marketing information. You can update your permission and contact preferences at any time by contacting the Christian Heritage London team, as above, or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in each email communication we send.
Fundraising is essential for Christian Heritage London in our mission to inspire community action to help address global deprivation. To fundraise more efficiently and steward our resources with integrity and excellence, we conduct research to gain a better understanding of our supporters. This helps us to personalise our funding requests to supporters with that interest and their ability to support. The research involves compiling information you’ve provided to us with general information from:
Publicly available sources
This may include information found from sources such as Companies House and other information that has been published in articles/newspapers.
You may give permission for your information to be viewed publicly depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like LinkedIn.
You can opt-out of your personal information being processed in this way by emailing or calling us.
Acceptance of cookie use
Who We Share Your Information With
We will only share personal information which is either consented to, necessary to fulfil the simulations or to coordinate Christian Heritage London events that you are registered with.
We may also share your personal information with trusted third parties where it is necessary to provide products you have requested from us (such as products from the ‘Gifts That Give Twice’ range) or where they are contracted to develop or maintain our systems.
We monitor information security compliance and have written contracts which obligate our partners or third party providers to process your personal information only on our instructions and in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Christian Heritage London will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. For example, HMRC requires that we keep a record of your name, address and Gift Aid declaration for six years from the date of your last donation. Where the information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
If you have indicated that you do not wish to hear from us in the future, we will keep the minimum information necessary to ensure we avoid contacting you any further.
Your Infomation Rights and Choices
The Data Protection Act (DPA) gives you the right:
- To request in writing and securely obtain copies of the personal information Christian Heritage London holds about you.
- To correct or update your personal information processed by Christian Heritage London.
- To request Christian Heritage London to stop using your personal information for marketing purposes or for any other purpose where there is no legal requirement for continued processing.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) gives you the right:
- To choose whether or not to receive marketing communication from us by email, text or telephone.
- To know about the cookies Christian Heritage London uses, so that you can decide whether to give us permission to store a cookie on your device.
For more information about your information rights visit www.ico.org.uk
Reporting concerns or compliments
Please contact us if you wish to raise a concern about Christian Heritage London’s handling of your personal information or to compliment what you think we have done well.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office about how we manage your data.
Changes To This Privacy Notice
Christian Heritage London will review our privacy notice regularly. The terms of this notice may be updated at any time, for example, in the event of changes in law and how we operate. Please do check our website from time to time. If there are any significant changes in the way we process your personal information, we will provide a prominent notice on our website or send a notification. This notice was last updated in May 2018.
Thank you from everyone at Christian Heritage London for your amazing support.